The (Vertical Take Off and Landing) SDO-50V2 is a multi purpose, single engine unmanned helicopter system below 150 kg maximum take off weight, that can be operated within or beyond visual line of sight.
The unique design features of the SDO-50V2 provide a superior payload capacity, prolonged endurance, stable flight patterns and a high degree of safety features. Due to the intermeshing rotor system a tail rotor is not required thus resulting in a higher empty weight/payload ratio compared to other helicopter systems. Our SDO-50V2 therefore is able to lift a remarkable payload of up to 45 kg.
An integrated autopilot system allows autonomous take-off and landing procedures as well as autonomous flight patterns following pre-set trajectories.
- Ready to fly in 15 minutes.
- Only a 2-person crew is needed.
- Easy to be transported in the back of a SUV.
- Easy sensor integration.
- Rotary system: Flettner double rotor system (4 blades)
- Rotor diameter: 2 x 2.82m
- Engine: High performance turbine
- Fuel: JET A1 (optional Diesel)
- Fuel consumption: Approx. 15L/hour
- Dimension l/w/h: 2.32m x 0.7m x 0.92m
- Empty weight: 42kg
- Max payload: 45kg
- MTOW: 87kg
- Max fuel capacity: Main tank 13L; additional tanks available for longer flying time
- Max flight time: Up to 2.5 hours
- Max service ceiling: Up to 3000m AMSL
- Max airspeed: 20m/s (72km/h)
Note: All performance data about the SDO-50V2 and the GCS are subject to change, depending on final payload configuration.
Remote Pilot flies the SwissDrones SDO-50V2 for Skyline UAV
The SwissDrones SDO-50V2 is available for a wide range of flight operations. With a 1:1 payload capacity and BVLOS capability the SDO-50V2 truly is a game-changing UAS.